Friday, November 2, 2012
Spanish Cocktail Stick Holders
Carefully hand painted with the word 'Palillos' this cocktail stick holder maintains a rustic appearance and adds that little bit of character to the table, you could say that small is the new big with this piece!
CHORIZO WITH MUSSELS & WHITE WINE TAPAS (Toothpicks at the ready)
2kg Fresh mussels, cleaned
2 Hot chorizo sausages (chorizo picante), sliced
5 Large vine tomatoes, chopped (400g tinned, plum tommies are also good)
1 Small onion, finely chopped
2 Cloves of garlic, diced
Pinch hot smoked paprika
Pinch cracked black pepper
250ml white wine
Broadleaf parsley to garnish
How to cook:
1. Add a splash of olive oil in the bottom of your Spanish "olla" or cooking pot.
2. Gently fry the garlic and chorizo until they begin to turn brown then add the onion and fry for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, season with pepper and paprika and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Pour in the white wine and reduce until you end up with a salsa consistency.
5. Add the mussels, mix well in the salsa and place the lid on the pan.
6. Cook for 5 minutes before serving hot garnished with roughly chopped parsley, discard any mussels that have not opened.
8. Enjoy with fresh crusty bread.